I am here in London town!!! It's such a beautiful city filled with fabulous architecture, museums, shops, and many many other lovely things. I got here last Saturday after a week in Paris. Before I talk about London I want to share 8 things I learned/noticed about Paris
1. The Eiffel Tower is MUCH bigger in person. And gorgeous lit up and sparkling :) Probably one of my favorite parts.
2. The underground metro is simply amazing. You can get anywhere and the stops are literally on every corner!
3. The little baguette shops are so cute and we got at least one pastry every day....;)
4. The Mona Lisa is a bit smaller than I expected. However, still very cool to see it in person.
5. The Pompidou Museum had a whole chunk of the art that I have studied in school. Nothing better than seeing the art you have studied or replicated in person.
6. Trying to skip down a few set of spiral stairs in tight pants is not as glamorous as it sounds. It may cause a ginormous rip down the middle of your pants and a few passerby's giggle.
7. DO NOT book a trip to London a few days before departing. The ticket may cost over $200. I learned this the hard way.
8. There are so many cute little parks in France. Almost everyday we made a stop in a gorgeous garden or park. So fun to enjoy a nutella crepe surrounded by lovely manicured gardens.
We had a blast in Paris. Sydney and Ben were so gracious to have Brittany and I stay at their flat during our vacation.
After missing my train to get to London and waiting in the station for a few hours, I made it to London! I got in and dropped off my bags and went into the city. My first impression of London was coming out of the Tube station seeing a naked bike ride parade. Quite the first impression! Haha it was quite different but we had a good giggle out of it.
I've done some sight seeing, still have TONS more to do, but mostly been focusing on getting settled and learning my new internship position. I am working for an interior design shop called Helen Reed Designs. It is NOTHING like I expected. In a good way :). Some days I kind of feel like I stepped into the movie The Devil Wears Prada, because my boss is kinda similar :S, she is a bit nicer though. It's been a little bit of an adjustment but ready or not here I come! This is going to be an experience of a lifetime and I am very excited about learning and growing. I miss home a little bit, some times more than others, but hopefully I will get used to being on my own in due time. I am off to go out with some friends but I will post pictures later.
Congrats if you made it to the end!!