Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog, blog, blog

So I've been wanting to get started with this whole blog world and created a blog a couple months ago but never posted anything...so here I am!! I guess I'll just write a little update about what's been going on in my life lately. I started school here at the Y the end of August and it has been a blast! I'm majoring in Home and Family Living with an emphasis in Interior Design, as for right now, I am considering changing but want to explore more majors and what not. I still live with Linsey Hunt, one of my best friends from high school. We have so much fun together and laugh rrreealy hard when we are together. One funny little side note about how Linsey and I think anything is funny that whoever reads this probably won't find funny but we were laughing for way too long about...Okay so I was on the book aka Facebook and one of my friends, who will remain nameless, put up a status that said "AHHH!!! What happened to all my trees and animals??!!! I am going to die!!" For all of you non-facebookers, there is this game called Farmville, I'm not very familiar with it but seriously, some people live for this game. It is sort of ridiculous. Anyway, so this person was LITERALLY freaking out over his virtual crops. So then all these people start commenting about how it's not a big deal, Facebook was just being slow that day and to hit like F1 or something and it might help. All these people are obsessed!! Anywho, needless to say my stomach hurt from laughing so hard at these crazy farmville peeps.

Wow that was probably just a meaningless story that I probably shouldn't have told but whatev. It's my blog. I can do whatever I want right?? Anyway...my roommates are way awesome. They are so much better than last year. That was rude but a true statement. We all get along very well and yes, we do have differences but they are nothing like last year's and the best part of all....they don't hate me for having a missionary!! Wahoo!!

Yesterday all of the roomies and I had the opportunity of going to the conference center and attending the second session of conference. We were on about the tenth row of the plaza. It was so neat we were so close to President Monson and all the other general authorities. When Elder Holland was giving his talk on the Book of Mormon we could literally see the writing on the book. When he lifted up the book I just got the chills. Not just because it was the same one that Hyrum had (I think that's who it was...haha) but because of the truthfulness of the book. Because Elder Holland, an intellectual learned man, had such a strong testimony and wanted to share it with the whole gospel. Because of what's inside of the book. I loved conference. I feel so blessed to be in this church :)

Okay so I remember when I first started my blog I attempted to do a post but lost internet connection so it all got deleted :(. But I remember what I was writing about. It was the day Laurel and Kevin moved to Texas. I was pretty sad. Last year, my freshman year, Laurel and Kevin were so great to me. They invited me over for dinner all the time, Kevin gave me relationship advice and was completely blunt with me, listened to all my roommate problems, let me play with Claire and show her off to all my friends, and just always being there for me. I miss them a whole lot. But.....the best part of this story is that I get to see them this weekend!!!!! I am going to visit them along with Evan and Angie, Elena and Andrew, Gordon, and all my wonderful nieces and nephews in TEXAS!! I leave Thursday and cannot wait! It has been a really long time since I've seen them all.

I wanted to post pictures but don't have them on my computer yet and am too lazy to put them on right now. I'll be sure to blog again and become a regular blogger :) maybe...

Here's one picture of my new roommates. Brittany Bartosiewicz, my wonderful best friend is an aspiring photographer and took pictures of our roommates. I'll post more pictures later but here is one of our favorites. It pretty much explains our apartment...always laughing :)

1 comment:

  1. Alicia!!
    I'm so happy you have a blog!!
    You're so cute, yay for blogspot!

    ReplyDelete